- Written by Administrator
Title : CooolSoft Power MP3 Cutter
Developer : CooolSoft
CooolSoft Power MP3 Cutter is efficient software that will allow users to split and trim MP3 or WAV files. Users will be able to switch from MP3 to WAV easily and perform all the tasks without parting the MP3 format, cutting the whole sections and also adding fade-in or fade-out effects to MP3 files without minimizing the sound quality. The program supports MP3 and WAV files and users do not need to decode compressed files to deal with them. Users can easily open a WAV files and then cut them into smaller sized WAV or MP3 files.
There is also an option to open MP3 file and then produce smaller sized MP3 and WAV files, some MP3 files with different sound quality. Thus, the Power MP3 Cutter can be used to move MP3 files to a totally different bit rate. When the selection has been made, users can directly cut the selected or the unselected audio file. In addition, the fade-in and fade-out effects can be included with the split file which can produce a lot smoother transitions than before. MP3 cutter has been created with small interface with an attached batch window. Users can easily cue the cutting, encode and perform different operations with different codec on a single click. The program will enable users to playback audio files and show a spectrum analyzer for finding the correct audio segment.
When it’s installed on computer, Power MP3 Cutter comes equipped with 2 extras namely Professional MP3 Cutter and MP3 Sound Recorder. Power MP3 Cutter Professional version will be able to show a wave-form view of audio files and to offer the more accurate way in selecting the cutting positions. The MP3 Sound Recorder has the capability to capture any audio that comes through microphone, soundcard or some other line sources. The price of this software is $29.95 with no trial version.
Key Features :
- Real time MP3 and WAV encoding and decoding support - By using real time MP3 and WAV encoding and decoding, Power MP3 Cutter(MP3 Sound Cutter) can cut out a 3-minute-length music in about 10 seconds. And when it cutting MP3 files, no disk space will be used. Because the cutter can cut MP3 format files directly without converting it into WAV format first. This will greatly consume your disk space. For one minute WAV format audio file costs about 10M bytes disk space.
- Wide-range bitrate support - Power MP3 Cutter(MP3 Sound Cutter) supports a wide-range bitrate of the output file. You can set the bitrate for a target file from 32 kbps to 320 kbps as you need. This can preserve your audio file's quality farthest.
- Millisecond/second time-display modes and millisecond precision support - For different length of audio files, you can choose different time-display modes of Power MP3 Cutter(MP3 Sound Cutter). By supporting millisecond time-precision, the cutter can fulfill much more professional needs.
- Direct fade-in and fade-out functions support - Fade-in and fade-out functions built in Power MP3 Cutter(MP3 Sound Cutter) make it easy to do some simple effects to your output audio segment.
- MP3 to WAV and WAV to MP3 converting support - By using Power MP3 Cutter(MP3 Sound Cutter), you can convert MP3 format files to WAV or WAV to MP3.
- Batch cutting support - Power MP3 Cutter(MP3 Sound Cutter) supports batch cutting. This is greatly useful for you to cut many files at one time.
- MPEG I/II Layer I/II/III audio format support - By supporting MPEG I/II Layer I/II/III audio format, Power MP3 Cutter(MP3 Sound Cutter) supports almost all kinds of MP3 audio files.
- Unselected segment output support - Power MP3 Cutter(MP3 Sound Cutter) can export the unselected segments of a music file as the target file.
- Spectrum analyzer support - While playback audio files, the spectrum analyzer of Power MP3 Cutter(MP3 Sound Cutter) can help you find the right audio segment position.
- Simple and easy user interface - The interface of Power MP3 Cutter(MP3 Sound Cutter) is simple, you can know how to use it within 5 minutes
If you want to read more information about this software before you download it, feel free to check the winsoft986 site.
- Written by Administrator
GedWiseÔ is a database application that allows you to transfer a copy of your genealogy data from a personal computer to any Palm OS or Pocket PC handheld device. Using its GedWise Viewer program you can quickly access your data on your handheld device anytime you need it.
The transfer of your genealogy data is accomplished by using a GEDCOM file that is created by your PC-based genealogy software. Most genealogy software is capable of creating a GEDCOM file. GedWise converts this GEDCOM file into a database that can be read and displayed on your handheld device.
The GedWise software consists of two components: 1) a PC-based program that processes a GEDCOM 5.5 file and converts it to a GedWise-format database; and 2) a program that resides on your handheld device that allows you to view your GedWise database.
Due to the complexities of organizing genealogy data and the significant variations in genealogy software, GedWise limits its usage to viewing your genealogy data on a handheld device. You cannot input data into your genealogy database through your handheld device. All data entry must be done through your PC-based genealogy software. GedWise does offer a Note Creation feature that automatically transfers birth, marriage and death data for a selected individual to a text file that you can edit.
Features and Benefits
- Why settle for exporting only a portion of your GEDCOM data to your handheld device when you can export it all! With GedWise, you can include the following information in your handheld genealogy database:
- All GEDCOM supported Event and Individual Attribute tags, including LDS Ordinance tags. You can also have multiple entries of event/attribute tags (i.e. primary and non-primary data). For example, if you have recorded multiple births, deaths, occupations, etc. for an individual, the GedWise database will include all of them.
- Multiple name variations (aliases). You can even view a list of all alias names for a selected individual.
- All citation, source, source-repository citation and repository information.
- All note text data. GedWise supports multiple notes for each individual, as well as a separate note for every data item, including every name, alias, event, family structure record, child-to-family link, citation, source-repository citation, and repository.
- All family data for each individual, including all spouses, children and family events.
- Up to 65,000 individuals with unlimited events, notes, citations, sources and repositories.
- Up to 100 GedWise databases can be stored on your handheld device at a time.
GedWise also offers the following features:
- Ancestor and Descendant Charts.
- Relationship Calculator and Date Calculator utilities.
- "On This Day" tool that lists all events that occurred on the current day and month.
- A built-in Soundex code tool. Enter a surname and GedWise will provide the Soundex code.
- A search function for finding place, address and date data in event records.
- A Note Creation/Memo Export feature that lets you easily take notes on the road.
- Support for Expansion Card enabled devices.
- ANSEL character set support.
An outstanding user interface (the GedWise Viewer) that organizes your genealogy data in a way that makes sense and allows you to access the information you need quickly. Anyone who does genealogy research will greatly appreciate this feature.
A highly compacted database. GedWise compacts your genealogy data very efficiently on your handheld device in order to minimize the size of your database without compromising speed.
The GedWise installation package includes a User Manual that contains complete operating instructions. You can also view this manual online. You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your system in order to view this manual. You can obtain a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader free of charge at www.adobe.com.
- Written by Administrator
Watermark Factory - advanced watermark creator
Developer: Watermark Factory
Watermark Factory is a powerful Windows tool which will allow anyone to add some texts and images (watermarks) to any pictures or photographs. This program comes with more than average features and packages. There are options that will concern a great number of photo effects besides the standard watermarks. Watermark Factory has been designed with an eye-catching look. It has an easy file queue to manage the chosen files along with 2 different tabs which is very useful to switch between watermarks and image preview.
Additionally, the program will give user or owner the option to crop the photos without difficulties. The photos can also be applied with a lot of attractive effects like bevel, shadow and border. The developer has included the photo masks feature and options to resize, rename or sharpen photos easily. For the watermark itself, user or owner can utilize several photo formats which include BMP, JPEG, PSD, PNG, ICO and TIF. There will be also the batch watermarking feature which will enable user to apply a watermark on the chosen photos at once by using a predefined set of configurations.
Lastly, Watermark Factory can be applied to add some comments to pictures and users can instantly access EXIF or IPTC information. Fortunately, the program doesn't require any special hardware specification and it will definitely work smoothly on all Windows OS versions. Moreover, the program will not require administrator privileges on Windows 7 OS workstations. Taken as a whole, Watermark Factory can be considered as a really helpful software or program for those who try to protect lots of pictures with a watermark. There is a comprehensive help manual included in the buying package. First time users are highly suggested to read it first when they need more details about its specific features. The price of this program is $49.00 (trial version is available).
Go To winsoft986.blogspot.com for more information about the features and updates of this software. More Info about Watermark Factory - advanced watermark creator can be found in its official website visit here. Learn more about the ideal way to take advantage of this software by reading the help or manual section included in the software.
- Written by Administrator
Windows Registry Repair Pro Full Review
Developer: 3B Software Inc.
Price: $19.99 with Ad-supported license
Windows Registry Repair is great software for scanning invalid and outdated information on Windows registry. On the other words, this application can be easily used to scan and fix errors found on Windows registry or on your system. The program has an easy-to-use, intuitive and clean interface. User or owner will be able to scan the registry for some issues and also restore a backup data. The data will be automatically made by this software right before the registry cleaning process. Moreover, this application will enable users to schedule an automatic scan based on their preference.
For the scanning process itself, users can select what type of errors to examine such as invalid font, paths, shared DLLS, help files, outdated start menu items, idle software entries, system services and classes section. When the scanning process is completed, users will be provided with the total number of errors or issues in each area. There will be also the option to view details and to select which issue or error that users want to repair by using this software. Users can also select the preferred scan type which include start and scan for errors, start and finish time along with frequency scan.
Users can configure this application to run automatically at system startup and to minimize to system tray when clicking the Close button. These configurations can be performed in the Advanced Settings menu. Windows Registry Repair will take up a fair amount of computer’s system resources and it will include a well-drawn help file with some practical snapshots. There will be no freezing, crashing or popping up errors during the use of this application even for a long time. On the other hand, the trial version of this program is strictly limited so it can only fix a small amount of registry errors which will stop users from an accurate evaluation. Besides, the trial version does not have the option to disable the automatic backup and exclusion list creations.
Click here for more information about the features and updates of this software. More Info about Windows Registry Repair Pro can be found in its official website visit here. Learn more about the ideal way to take advantage of this software by reading the help or manual section included in the software.
- Written by Administrator
Welcome to Basic Computer Security. The aim of this book is to instruct the reader on numerous topics of computer security such as passwords, privacy, encryption, and networking. This book is written for a reader with little to no previous knowledge of security issues, but one who is familiar with the basic functionality of his or her computer's operating system. The language used in this book should be easily understood by someone with the reading level of a college freshman. We will make our best attempt to define security-related terms and other jargon in a concise, coherent manner. Reading this book should give you a basic understanding of the processes needed to secure your home computer and home network, as well as protect your privacy and data on the web.
As a handy tool, you may click the padlock icon at any time to return to the book's main page. 16px (Also visible on the top right of the page.) This feature will facilitate returning to the index to move on to the next section, to return to this introduction, or to re-orient yourself if you click on a link and find yourself lost.
A short word of warning before we begin: Any book on the subject of security is likely to enlighten the reader on a variety of nasty things that could potentially happen to him or her. It is not our intention to make the reader paranoid or fearful of computers or the Internet; we believe that the primary cause of fear is a lack of understanding. It is our hope that by reading this book you will learn more about the world around you and gain valuable knowledge and understanding that will help you protect yourself, your privacy, and your information. It is better to know how to protect oneself and know how to deal with a situation when it arises than to be an oblivious victim. As our good friend Joe would say, "Knowing is half the battle!"
Below you will find various section headings which reflect the general categories which this book will address. Under each heading you will find a short description of the contents of that section, which may assist you in determining which parts of the book are relevant to your needs.
General Security and Passwords
General Security and Passwords will introduce basic security concepts which apply to most of the other sections in this book. It will also explain some of the key concepts in computer security that may not come up in other areas of security, such as passwords.
Malware will introduce you to and describe the main malware (malicious software) threats that your computer will be subject to, and will then teach you how to safely and effectively eliminate them. Topic areas include viruses, trojan horses, spyware etc...
Web Security will introduce concepts which apply specifically to the world-wide-web. This will include information on Internet browsers, e-mail, and an explanation of some concepts which are integral to the understanding of security on the web. You may not be familiar with some topics or terms discussed in this section. Fear not! We will do our best to make the concepts as easy to understand as possible, as well as make their importance immediately relevant.
PC Security will discuss topics which are immediately relevant to the security of your personal computer, whether at home or at work or in transit. These topics include the encryption of data, setting user account controls and ensuring your computer is physically secure, to prevent theft of your important or sentimental data.
Network Security will introduce useful topics relevant to home networking. Many people have multiple computers in their home and use a router to connect all of them to the Internet simultaneously. This section will discuss methods of securing your router, your network, and each of your computers from external interference.
Where to Go from Here
The Where to Go from Here section will mention some more advanced concepts of security and will provide links to articles on Wikipedia, other Wikibooks, and external links that discuss security. While these are probably not the best place to start learning about security, you may find them useful or interesting after you have become more familiar with some of the basics.